Manning Regional Healthcare Center
Formed in 1990, the West Central Iowa Healthcare Foundation (WCIHF) is a volunteer board of dedicated community members whose purpose is to raise money for the promotion of health and wellness in the community of Manning and the surrounding communities of Manilla, Irwin, Templeton, Halbur, Gray, Dedham, Aspinwall and Coon Rapids.
The first capitol campaign raised $1.2 million to help build the Family Healthcare Center. The next priority was physician recruitment which continues to be an ongoing project to this day.
This first capital campaign project formed the basis for the Foundation. The mission was to enhance quality health care services in West Central Iowa. This mission continues today.
Donations enable the Foundation to also assist Manning Regional Healthcare Center in providing the best possible health care to the residents of our communities.
Through the generous support of donors, the Foundation provides capital support, physician recruitment monies and scholarships. Donors also assist in funding health education programs and wellness activities.
The Foundation’s primary areas of interest include:
- Supporting programs and services which carry out the health care mission of the Manning Regional Healthcare Center, The Manning Plaza, the Manning Family Recovery Center and the Manning Regional Healthcare Clinic;
- To assist, encourage and promote the care, treatment, and rehabilitation of sick, afflicted, or injured persons;
- To support the general health, wellness and education of communities in the Foundation’s general service area;
- To support physician recruitment and retention programs;
- To provide scholarship programs for individuals in healthcare-related fields;
- To support new healthcare-related program and project development; and
- To provide funding support for identified area healthcare providers and organizations.
The West Central Iowa Healthcare Foundation is committed to raise, manage and grant funds to support quality health care and promote healthy lifestyles for the people of our communities.
The West Central Iowa Healthcare Foundation will provide leadership and support to enhance quality health care now and in the future for our communities.
Giving Today to Help Tomorrow