Outpatient Clinics: Urology
Urology deals with the diagnosis and treatment of the urinary tract.
Fawad Zafar, M.D.
Dr. Zafar comes to Manning General Hospital on Thursday’s.
Dr. Zafar completed his medical education at King Edward Medical College where he was the recipient of the “Most Distinguished Student” award. He received his urology training at Royal Shrewsbury Hospital and Hammersmith Hospitals in England. He completed a Fellowship in Endourology at Methodist Hospital in Indianapolis in 1994. He is an active member of the American Urological Association, American Association of Clinical Urologists and Society of Laparoscopic Surgeons. He serves on the Advisory Board of Bayer Pharmaceuticals. He has a passion to learn new and innovative techniques in urological care.
The following are some of the procedures that can be performed at MRHC by Dr. Zafar:
- TURP (Transurethral resection of the Prostate)
- TURBT (Transurethral resection of Bladder Tumor)
- Penile Implant
- Vaginal Sling (treatment for urinary incontinence)
- Lithotripsy (treatment of kidney stones)
- Urinary Sphincter Implant (treatment of urinary incontinence)
- Placement and care of suprapubic catheters
- Hernia repair
- Prostate Biopsy